The Trading Floor - June 2018

Discussion in 'The Trading Floor' started by Amator, May 31, 2018.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. Amator

Amator Well-Known Member

2. koaladreaming

koaladreaming Well-Known Member

Happy Friday evening everyone !

3. sotong11

sotong11 Well-Known Member

morning snipers...

Happy TGIF.....

4. nottibird

nottibird Moderator

5. koaladreaming

koaladreaming Well-Known Member

Congrats Bro. Me mani mani moons no trade liao. Salaried worker so muz dutifully clock hrs and fulfil KPIs. :(

6. Amator

Amator Well-Known Member

SINGAPORE (June 28): UOB KayHian sees value in Singtel, City Developments, CapitaLand Commercial Trust, OCBC, Keppel Corp and Wing Tai within its universe of stocks which have corrected more than 15% from the 52-week high.

Since its high of 3,615 in early May, the benchmark Straits Times Index has retraced close to 10%. Amplifying the volatility, has been external noise over the US-China trade spat as well as rising interest rates. Market risk premium (MRP) from May 2 till June 27 implies a 81bp rise in MRP to 5.17% during this period, above the long-term mean of 5.0% since 2005..

In UOB’s view, the rise was due to a shift in interest rate hike expectations since the Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC) meeting on 13 June and external concerns over the US/China trade spat, which would have implications on global growth.

While there is justification for a hike in MRP due to signals from members of the FOMC that there could be four rate hikes in 2018 rather than 3, we think the rise in MRP would also partially price in the trade spats between the US and China.

In a Thursday report, analyst Andrew Chow says UOB has extended its analysis of the MRP to stocks to find stocks that could have been oversold. Based on its estimates, stocks that look oversold included OCBC, DBS, Keppel Corp and Wing Tai.

[​IMG]

These stocks saw a rise in risk premium to 0.97-1.79% compared to the broader market’s risk premium increase of 0.81% which Chow thinks is overdone.

In his view, fundamentals for banks are largely intact, notwithstanding the rising risk that global growth could be dampened by weaker global trade.

Meanwhile, Keppel Corp is his preferred proxy for the gradual recovery in oil prices given its strong balance sheet. At the current price, Keppel’s O&M segment is valued a zero.

Chow also remains constructive on prospects for developers and we see Wing Tai’s 15% ytd decline and 5% decline since May 2 as unjustified.

Despite the recent decline in the VIX to 16.9 from the recent peak of 37.3 in early February, Chow sees the potential for VIX to trade above mean in the event of further escalation in rhetoric over the trade spat or other geo-political concerns.

“These issues are likely to be protracted and could provide tactical trading opportunities for patient investors,” says the analyst.

7. sotong11

congrates... FIFO

8. nottibird

nottibird Moderator

I went in at 7.05 and unJEEP at 7.12 and HUATed more than 500 eggs. Yayyy !!!

9. nottibird

nottibird Moderator

Thanks for sharing Sis Starshine.
    Good to know you are buying DBS and looking to buy more.
    Just to let you know that if you add at current levels... 26.47 : 26.48... your average will come down to below 27.00...around 26.95.
    What you can do is monitor this stock daily from now onwards and add more when you see strong buying. From the way the price
    rises, you will know smart money is buying. And that will be your chance to add to bring down your average. All the best and may
    we laugh all the way to the bank with this bank in late July or early August !!!

starshine likes this.
  10. starshine

starshine Well-Known Member

Good morning Bro NB and everyone here,

Just came in and saw yr message. Thanks so v much for still remembering me. Really touched by your kindness and concern.
    You are really such a nice guy. Btw, I know you are very active over at Sharejunction and has lots of folks have benefitted from your sharing and advice.
    Anyway, quite kek sim la. Even all those supposed to be safe type of stocks for retirees e.g telco and reits also all sinking to bottom of the ocean.
    No eyes see.

Re DBS, I don't have the guts like you to go in big big la. Maybe the most 5 lots.
    I use IG and so far got 600 shares each at $28.38/$27.10/26.81 so average is $27.43
    Will wait first before getting some more.

Will come in here once in a while to catch up.
    Thanks also to bro Amator for posting news update.
    Huat huat to everyone here and have a nice day.

koaladreaming likes this.
  11. sotong11

morning snipers...

12. nottibird

nottibird Moderator

SGX at 7.00 ??? Down 16 cts?
    Simi Tai Chi har?

13. nottibird

nottibird Moderator

14. Amator

Amator Well-Known Member

SINGAPORE (June 27): OCBC Investment Research is maintaining “neutral” on soft commodities with Wilmar International as its top sector pick due to its more diversified operations compared to industry peers.

The counter has been rated “buy” with an unchanged fair value estimate of $3.51.

OCBC’s cautious sector outlook comes ahead of China’s July 6 implementation of 25% tariffs on US goods, including soybeans, which has prompted US soybean futures to fall to a low of about US$852/bushel.

In a Wednesday report, lead analyst Low Pei Han says she expects soybean prices to remain volatile considering how they are down about 15% from a month ago at their current levels, with crude palm oil (CPO) prices to remain lacklustre.

While Low is expecting the tariffs to subsequently drive the prices for products such as soyoil and soymeal higher, she also believes substitutes of these products including corn meal, CPO and rapeseed oil – all of which Wilmar trades in – would see higher demand as a result.

“We would also monitor the utilisation levels of the group’s crushing plants in China, which remained high (more than 80%) as of a month ago. According to management, even though performance of its oilseed crushing business will not be affected in the short term, a prolonged standoff between China and the US would impact the utilisation of its crushing plants,” notes the analyst.

In particular, Low highlights that Wilmar is presently sourcing soybeans from South American countries including Argentina and Brazil, in the face of the impending tariffs.

“China, the world’s largest soybean buyer, can afford to implement tariffs this summer as they have Brazil’s record harvest to help supply their needs. Brazilians gather in their soybean crops from Feb through May, while US soybeans are harvested from late Sep through Nov. After Aug/Sep, when Brazilian harvests are mostly exported, international buyers most likely have to turn to more US supplies,” she explains.

15. nottibird

nottibird Moderator

So far, DBS is doing a higher high higher low price action.
    Yday's High and Low were 26.97 and 26.40.
    Today's High and Low are 27.20 and 26.89 so far.

16. sotong11

morning snipers..

17. nottibird

nottibird Moderator

18. nottibird

nottibird Moderator

I am still adding.

19. sotong11

wah :eek: $72K....

jia you .... bro NB

20. nottibird

nottibird Moderator

Yes. I am not giving a cent more to Sinkie.
    As commander of my troops, it is my duty to give more troops to the stock which can do a better job at making money.
    Based on my current holdings, when DBS is back at $30.00, I will make an estimated 72k. IF I CAN LOON DONT SELL. Heheh. aa1a (2).gif