The Trading Floor - July 2018

Discussion in 'The Trading Floor' started by Amator, Jun 30, 2018.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. plutus2

plutus2 Well-Known Member

good to see you back here sis

2. plutus2

godd morning

3. sotong11

sotong11 Well-Known Member

morning snipers...

welcome back, sis lexanne... we are all worried about u ..... nice having you back. Jia you....

4. nottibird

nottibird Moderator

5. lexanne

lexanne Well-Known Member

Thanks for your concern and paging for me previously, bro koaladreaming! Yes, I have to stay strong.

6. koaladreaming

koaladreaming Well-Known Member

Sis Lexanne, nice to see you drop by. We were worried of your trading positions when you stopped posting. Read your update and have a better understanding of your anguish over your trading results. Stay Strong ya!

7. Amator

Amator Well-Known Member

8. Amator

Amator Well-Known Member

9. sotong11

afternoon snipers

10. lexanne

I cut Dumbo shorts when she was on the way down from 31.28 to 25.01. I didn't take profits for my longs at or near the high as they were buffers for my shorts. At 31.28, my lowest long had 9.62 of profits and even the highest one had 2.80. Haiz... missed unloading. Have to wait for her to go higher to let go of my longs and to recover some losses. However, the profit from these longs will be just a drop of water into the sea of losses. Have been very difficult to trade. Only did a few chicken runs occasionally to cover finance charges. I intend to close all my positions when the banks and ST Eng run up for dividend play and stop trading. Have to go and find a job liao.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2018
  11. lexanne

Hi bro Amator, hope you are doing well.

12. nottibird

nottibird Moderator

Nice to see you here again. And good to know that you have cut all your SHORTs in the banks and moved on.
    I trust you did recover some of your losses when DBS ran from 25.00 to Last High at 31.28.
    At least you have picked up the pieces and are still trading...meaning you are on the road to recovery.
    It may take longer. But with patience and perseverance, it will get you there to your destination.
    DBS is going to report on 2 August before market opens.
    Last year's dividend was 33 cts. This time round, I expect around 50 cts to 60 cts.
    But chart shows that over the last 3 years, she ran up in July and then tumbled in August notwithstanding her dividends.
    After that she consolidated throughout August before trading higher in September.
    Including today, 7 trading days left in the month of July. If her run dont come, then need to brace for impact and find a way
    to hold out in August and LOON until her recovery comes in September. 2 more rate hikes to go in 2018. And historically,
    the price of a stock will rise or fall in tandem with the earnings of the company. A rising interest rate environment is good
    for the earnings of banks.

13. Amator

Amator Well-Known Member

lexanne *wave* *wave* ...........

14. lexanne

Good morning, snipers! Thanks, gor and sis sotong for still remembering me. I have cut all my shorts in Dumbo and OCBC and incurred a huge loss. However, very suey that after cutting all, the 2 banks continued to fall. Could have a lower loss if cut later. Only holding longs in Dumbo, OCBC and ST Eng now. Waiting for these 3 to go back up but they are taking forever. CFD is a great tool for trading but should set a stop loss and when hit, cut immediately. Looning and buffering are not the correct ways. I regret venturing into CFD trading. It is not for everyone. That's why only 10% of the traders are successful.

You have to pay a high price for being a bank robber. Bank stocks have high gains but also high losses. Those of you who longed Dumbo near the high and have looned for a few months you will understand what I mean and the anguish. Do get out of the banks as soon as you can and do not dabble in them anymore.

Best wishes to everyone! It is nice to know all of you.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2018
  15. plutus2

good moring snipers

16. nottibird

nottibird Moderator

17. nottibird

nottibird Moderator

18. Amator

Amator Well-Known Member

SINGAPORE (July 20): DBS Group Research continues to favour Keppel as a safer proxy to ride the O&M (Offshore & Marine) recovery, given its multi-pronged businesses. Reiterate “buy” with target price tweaked to $9.00 or 1.3 times FY18F book value.

Keppel’s 1H18 results were boosted by property en bloc sales and Nassim Woods revaluation gain. On top of 10 cents interim dividend, the company also declared a special dividend of 5 cents, which lifts full-year DPS projection to 27 cents.

Keppel’s huge historical land bank of 6.5 million sqm is also held at a low cost, says DBS, and half of the land bank is currently under development, progressively realising its RNAV over the next 3-5 years.

Of its remaining undeveloped land bank, 40% is for development projects in Tianjin Eco-city. The land was acquired in 2009 at less than one-tenth of the current land price and yet to be reflected in DBS’s RNAV. In addition, the ongoing portfolio rebalancing exercise will unlock values of completed projects.

The O&M division also looks to be on the cusp of recovery. O&M’s contract wins in 2017 bucked the declining trend as the division clinched $1.2 billion worth of new orders, which doubled over 2016. “The momentum should continue into 2018 with $3 billion new orders assumed,” says DBS.

Year to date, Keppel has won $890 million in new contracts. New orders are expected to come from gas and FPSO projects buoyed by sustained oil prices above US$70/bbl ($96/bbl). The recovery in new orders towards our assumption could prompt further re-rating of the O&M business.

“Our target price of $9.00 is based on sum-of-parts valuation with O&M segment valued at 2.4 times book, infrastructure at 15 times FY18F earnings, property segment at 25% discount to RNAV, investment at 15 times FY18F earnings, and market values or estimated fair values for listed subsidiaries,” says DBS.

19. nottibird

nottibird Moderator

Sinkie managed to hit 3.31 so far.
    Next week can hit 3.40 or not...keep fingers crossed.
    I intend to cut and move on.
    Very big Orh Bark Khark.
    The alternative is after XD see her go back down to revisit 3.02 and even lower.
    Cut and move on. After that see whether can SHORT or not.

Your DBS at 26.39 is safe. Should see 27.00. Hope can see 28.00 to 29.00.

20. sotong11

Hi Bro NB,

Thanks for the insight.

For DBS .... my average is 26.39. So I think, I am still quite safe.

For Sinkie... its my saddest... am still thinking when to get out. To guess the peak is ???