The Trading Floor - January 2018

Discussion in 'The Trading Floor' started by Amator, Dec 31, 2017.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. nottibird

nottibird Moderator

upload_2018-1-18_17-5-55.png
    upload_2018-1-18_17-6-17.png

Market so SIAN... 1 bid also take lah.
    Then tomorrow see got chance to buy back or not.
    Not bad. I can eat for a week if I go hawker centre or food court.

2. nottibird

nottibird Moderator

SingTel...

Waaa lau..... got one NABEH Kana Sai fund sold 2230.5 lots at 3.59. Sabo King man him NABEH. aa-17j-hitwithrock.gif

3. nottibird

nottibird Moderator

Yesterday I sold 30 lots of 3.20s at 3.24.
    Today see her licked 3.15 and now fondling 3.16 : 3.17.
    PHEW !!! aa5dab.gif

4. nottibird

nottibird Moderator

You can come back tomorrow?
    I am thinking of Wilmar... queue at 3.15.
    But it will be better if can wait till tomorrow to see what the market wants to do tomorrow.
    Becoz if there is a quick dip to say 3.12 to 3.14, then you get to buy cheaper.
    But if you just want to buy today and be done with it to meet the 1-transaction quota, then go queue at 3.15.
    She is reporting next month on 22 Feb.

5. angang8

angang8 Well-Known Member

3.15-3.16 lo.. Lai Lai

6. nottibird

nottibird Moderator

Okay. You wait a while I look see.

7. Newbee

Newbee Well-Known Member

Yo Bro NB...
    I rec a letter stating expiry on my Customer Knowledge Assessment falls on 29 Jan'18 for CFD.
    Seriously i have no time to trade but dislike taking up the assessment.
    Any lobang to transact 1 trade?
    Seems many counters went up high bo...

8. angang8

Still got 6 more trading days ma... likely I will cut some of it lo... worst case scenario

9. nottibird

nottibird Moderator

Looks like you also managed to Kao Sua that 89-yr old grand old dame.
    Suddenly got money to add more positions. aa1 (2).gif

10. nottibird

nottibird Moderator

I think tikam zone is 3.15 to 3.19.
    Now 3.17 : 3.18....can wait.
    Maybe Dow will pull back tonite? aa1aa1.gif

11. angang8

I am also in lo.... :D

12. ahwee

ahwee Well-Known Member

Wilmar also sell down..my order at 3.19 taken up within minutes.

13. nottibird

nottibird Moderator

During the Aug dividend run, those which I had profits, I sold and took the profits.
    And the profits were not bad - 20K.
    Those which I did not have profits, I kept and collected dividends.
    129 lots. This batch collected dividends twice ler... 10.7 cts in Aug 2017 and 6.8 cts in Dec 2017.
    Total is 17.5 cts. In absolute dollar terms... $22,575. This sum... I am using it to pay the daily interest charges.
    Still have balance. Havent used up yet, I think. Later tonite I will go and work it out to see can last till when before
    I have to dip into my own piggy bank to service the interest.
    Then in Dec 2017 some time after XD, I bought another 250 lots at 3.59.
    This batch... I am waiting for her to run.
    I was hoping to see her run to 3.75 by end-Jan. But for some reason, monkey no wan to cum and play her leh.
    She will be reporting results in Feb. So maybe by end-Feb, she can run to 3.75? If 3.75 is asking too much, then
    how about just running up a little to kiss 3.64... Eh Sai boh?

We are all at the mercy of the monkey.
    As long as got monkey come, she will transform from a telephone into a rocket and blast off.
    See what happened to SEX.
    For so many days, she was hovering at 7.53 to 7.60. Couldnt even clear sellers at 7.60.
    But the moment a monkey took the driver's seat only, she transformed into a space shuttle and blasted off to 7.87
    yesterday and today... to 7.91. And that's the SHEER POWER of a monkey.

[​IMG]

14. nottibird

nottibird Moderator

Becoz he has not been paying the full margin.
    He chooli-ayam by using stop loss to pay lower margin.
    So now that... that ayam is planning to elope with his neighbour's rooster... angang without his stop loss lower margin must now provide
    the full margin. And that is a problem for him becoz the "savings" he has been enjoying in paying lower margin...he used it up to hold other
    positions. So now not only his usual positions require more margin, his additional positions bought with savings from a lower margin...also
    require more margin.

If I can use an analogy to illustrate... let's say you, Dai Lole...have been dating an 89-yr old widow who is the grandmother of IG's boss.
    Becoz the grand old dame is very happy with you, she used her influence to get her grandson to give you very very special margin - only 1%
    instead of the usual 10% for index stocks. And that significantly free up your capital and enables you to Ka Ka HOOT here and there and as
    a result, you have alot alot of positions. Becoz each position requires Balu 1% margin. Imagine... $100k you can hold $10m worth of positions.

Then one fine day, the grand old dame caught you kissing with her 18-yr old Indonesian maid in the toilet. When she asked you what you and
    the maid were doing in the toilet with the door locked, you said your trouser zip cannot pull up...so you asked the maid to help to pull. The maid
    then helped you to pull. But she pulled the wrong thing and you became aroused. After that one thing led to another and you ended up giving the
    maid mouth-to-mouth becoz you thought she was gasping for air. And that was how you ended up kissing the maid. But the 89-yr old grand old
    dame said to you.... "You think I am an 8 yr old is it?" And in your mind, you were thinking of saying to her... "That's PRECISELY the point !!! Its
    precisely becoz you are not an 8-yr old that I ended up giving mouth-to-mouth to an 18-yr old".

So you got kicked out of her house. The grand old dame immediately broke off with you and gave her IG boss grandson a call. The very next minute,
    you received a Whatsapp from IG informing you that by close of business that day, your margin requirements will all revert to 10% instead of 1%.

Now, that's what bro angang is facing now. But the big difference is that... he didnt get to have that mouth-to-mouth. At least you did. Be thankful for it.

aa1a (8).gif

15. plutus2

plutus2 Well-Known Member

wow 379 lots.. u never Ka Ka cut lost?? I already have ka ka cut lost last year.. but still got some to keep warm

16. angang8

Not much effect for this changes bro.... there are 3 changes.. this reduce inTier 1 10% margin is not my level la... I where got hoot so big.

But the guaranteed stop loss ... this one is a big problem for me lo

17. nottibird

nottibird Moderator

I have 379 niah.
    Not really that Tua Kee lah.
    You remember Bro Zuolun?
    There was one time he mentioned he had 1000 lots in one counter and the price fell quite a bit.
    I replied to him.... Waaa Piang eh !!! That's $10k for every 1-ct drop !!! Waaa...heart attack man !!!
    He laughed and replied... "Wont heart attack lah. I am still around what." aa1a (16).gif

18. Amator

Amator Well-Known Member

yar, so i wonder how come these changes is so jialat for angang lei? maybe i am sleepy in this sleepy mkt ...:rolleyes:

19. nottibird

nottibird Moderator

Not much.
    Let's say you have 350 lots which you have been providing 10% margin.
    On 27 Jan 2018, 10% will apply for the 1st 325 lots. So this portion...no change. You are already providing the 10% margin.
    The next 25 lots... you used to provide 10%. Now you have to provide another 10% more. So the ADDITIONAL margin you
    must provide is only 10%. Becoz you have been providing the other 10% all along. So how much is this additional 10%?
    3.60 x 25000 x 10% = $9000.
    As for any extra lots you have above 350 lots... you are already providing 20% margin. On 27 Jan 2018, the margin is still
    the same at 20% which you have been providing.
    So the extra funds needed is only $9000.
    Margin is calculated based on the closing price of the stock and it changes daily according to the closing price of the stock.
    So let's say SingTel starts to rise 3 cts everyday and makes a move towards 3.90. The 10% margin (or 20% in excess of
    325 lots) will rise in tandem. But no sweat. Your paper profit will rise too and more than make up for the extra cash needed
    for margin.

All clear? aa1a (10).gif

20. plutus2

plutus2 Well-Known Member

Bro NB teach u to Ka Ka hood Chi Bah Liap everytime... I also scare shit