The Trading Floor - January 2018

Discussion in 'The Trading Floor' started by Amator, Dec 31, 2017.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. angang8

angang8 Well-Known Member

Got it liao.. but damn monkey just clear 3.17 also.. nabeh

2. nottibird

nottibird Moderator

Today's Friday Effect really happened.
    Prices are softer as a result.
    But will be a buying opportunity on hindsight.
    Having said that, those of us who are already vested heavy and running low on bullets
    will have no mood to buy despite the pullback being a buying opportunity. This buying
    opportunity is for those who are sidelined and looking to buy but dunno what to buy or
    dare not buy.

3. nottibird

nottibird Moderator

Today's Friday Effect really happened.
    Prices are softer as a result.
    But will be a buying opportunity on hindsight.
    Having said that, those of us who are already vested heavy and running low on bullets
    will have no mood to buy despite the pullback being a buying opportunity. This buying
    opportunity is for those who are sidelined and looking to buy but dunno what to buy or
    dare not buy.

4. ahwee

ahwee Well-Known Member

Yes bro NB. Q at 3.21 but based on the vol, might have to taobao liao

5. ahwee

ahwee Well-Known Member

Swee bro Ang... i think you should be getting soon. Today monkey on leave.

6. nottibird

nottibird Moderator

Bro...

Nothing to do with FA or TA.

This is the unknown area when you trade or invest - something which we wont know and have no way of knowing.
    Until it happens.

Let's say one small fund has decided to divest all their holdings in SingTel numbering say 5000 lots. They
    are thinking of selling but havent decided which day and which price yet. At the same time, there is another
    small fund who has decided to buy 5000 lots of SingTel. Likewise they havent decided which day to buy and
    at what price. And today, suddenly that idiot fund who wants to sell decided to just do it today. And so they
    call their broker to fill a SELL order for SingTel for 5000 lots. The broker then observed the price for an hour.
    After an hour, that broker, who has a mandate to sell "at the best price" decides that SingTel is not going to climb
    higher today. Now, that broker has a conflict of interest. In the best interest of his client, he should advise his
    client not to sell first but to wait till the price is higher, say at 3.70 or even wait till May when SingTel reports
    full year results and declares 10.7 cts dividends. But the broker wants to earn his com as well. Since he has
    a mandate to sell, he can just do it, regardless of the best interest of his client, and earn his com first. If he is
    to advise his client to wait, what if his client calls another broker right away or on Monday and that other broker,
    being the smarter one to look after his own interest first, fills the SELL order immediately? Then this broker will
    lose out on one big chunk of business. And for being Kay Khiang to advise the client not to sell. So he fills the
    SELL order.

Now, if the above happens on a day like today, we will see one sell-down trade of 5000 lots thrown to the buyers
    at 3.61. Conversely, if the fund who is selling did not decide to sell today and instead, the fund who intends
    to buy decides to fill up his BUY order today, we will then see a BUY-UP trade and sellers at 3.62 will then be
    cleared.

These are things no one knows other than the fund or institution who has decided to buy or sell. But their action
    will affect the price in the market and either bring joy or inflict anguish on others who are vested.

Likewise, say a foreign fund... a strong one like Goldman Sach or Morgan Stanley has decided to BUY 100m
    SingTel shares starting from Monday and until the BUY order is filled, this info is known to only the buyer and
    the broking house. The broker who is assigned to fill this BUY order can ofcoz personally benefit from this
    very precious info. He and his wife and mistresses and girlfriends can buy first when the price havent moved
    yet and collect as much as they can. After that he will start to fill the big buyer's order for 100m SingTel shares.
    By the time the BUY order is filled, SingTel's price would have risen some 15 to 20 cts. And for the rest of the
    market who are vested, they will enjoy an uplift in the price due to the strong buying.

Conversely, if a strong fund or institution has decided to SHORT SELL and hammer SingTel down for profit,
    the broker who is privy to this info can benefit personally from it. For us who are vested LONG, we will languish.

Its not about FA or TA. Its all about access to info if you are not the buyer or seller. And only the broking house will
    have this info. If you have the money, then anytime... anytime at all, you can pick any stock you like which does not
    have a monkey in the driver's seat and you can choose to play that stock UP or DOWN. And be the monkey.

So we dont have to bang head and crack skull to figure out why whoever sold at 3.61, did so. His selling was
    simply becoz he had enough and wanted to take his money back.

7. angang8

Wtf with Singtel??!! Nabeh la

8. nottibird

nottibird Moderator

SingTel...

SHIT to him...NABEH the Koo Niang.

upload_2018-1-12_14-34-46.png

9. nottibird

nottibird Moderator

Wilmar...

Given her price action this week, I will LONG her at 3.16 or lower.
    Our neighbours' willingness to buy her has been slipping 1 bid each day.
    Yesterday was 3.20.
    Today is 3.19.
    If this continues, Mon will be 3.18.

10. nottibird

nottibird Moderator

It happened again. Dunno how many times leow.
    Price was at 7.56 : 7.57 just a while ago.
    Then sellers appeared and down it go back to 7.55 : 7.56.
    Hmmm..... aa1aa2.gif

11. nottibird

nottibird Moderator

SEX...

7.55 : 7.56...

But when sellers at 7.56 are taken out, more comes out. aa1aa1.gif

12. nottibird

nottibird Moderator

CONGRATS bro.
    That's what I would have done too - COVER at 7.56 before the window closes on me.

13. nottibird

nottibird Moderator

14. angang8

Bro NB.. cover my SEX at 7.56... ya.. she macam want to run.... looking to Long at 7.56 .. haha IN OUT IN OUT.. bro Plutus style!!!

15. nottibird

nottibird Moderator

SEX...

I am watching her and I plan to LONG her when she turns.
    I was hoping to see 7.53 again but looks like I will have to do it at 7.56 instead.

16. nottibird

nottibird Moderator

17. nottibird

nottibird Moderator

I believe we have seen her LOW yesterday at 7.53 which marks the turning point.
    And her next agenda is to squeeze SHORTists by going higher to lick 7.70 next week or the week after.

18. nottibird

nottibird Moderator

But its always lidat one. I wouldnt worry about it.
    I will follow her chart.
    And her chart says if she dips to her 200-ema, she is a BUY ON DIPs.
    Becoz over the last 1 year, whenever she dipped to her 200-ema, she didnt stay there for long.
    Before long, she was up up and away again.
    What more, she is paying dividends at end-January. This will be a deterrent to would-be SHORTISTs and
    an incentive for traders to go LONG. Best is BUY at 2.00 to 2.05 but can dip that low or not is the thing.
    I think this week will be the time when we see her at her lowest point before she firms up to trade higher for results and dividends.
    Which means today as we did not see lower than 2.05 for the whole of this week. Come next week, we will be saying with hindsight
    wisdom that if only we had known that 2.05 is her LOW, we would have Ka Ka HOOT.

19. nottibird

nottibird Moderator

It has been drizzling/raining almost non-stop for the last 3 days.
    Didnt see any blue sky. A thick blanket of grey cloud envelopes the entire sky for as far as the eyes can see.
    The sun's rays had no chance to penetrate those rain clouds to reach the ground.
    That's why we have been experiencing very cooling temperate countries-like weather last 3 days. Really cool ! I like !!!
    I was just telling Lovely One yesterday that this type of weather... alfresco dining at Boat Quay and Clarke Quay will be nice.
    A picnic at the beach or a park will be nice. But not when we have our usual warm and humid climate. Becoz cant even tahan
    5 seconds in the sun. Our type of weather in Singapore, only the shopping malls are crowded. Outdoor open air dining is out.
    But the weather over the last few days have been very nice. Highest temperature is 27 degrees. Lowest is 22 degrees.
    Today, just open one panel of my sliding window and I get cool natural aircon-like air. No need to switch on fan even.
    And earlier this morn I was even wearing a windbreaker whilst indoors becoz it was cold and I felt the chill.
    How nice if due to a freak weather condition, we get to experience say...16 to 18 degrees all day and night for a period of 1 mth.

20. boyboy

boyboy Well-Known Member

CMT.
    There is a bloody thick wall at 2.08, more than 6,000K... Are these real or bullshit?