The Trading Floor - April 2017

Discussion in 'The Trading Floor' started by Amator, Mar 31, 2017.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. nottibird

nottibird Moderator

2. Amator

Amator Well-Known Member

no lah ..... sales of shares is considered personal capital gain/loss ..... non-taxable .................. well ... who say i am full time trader ???? i am unemployed lotsa time play play share market while watching foc movies on my computer nia lah .......... like that oso want to tax me huh ???? :p;)

3. Kruz4ever

Kruz4ever Well-Known Member

4. nottibird

nottibird Moderator

After looking at the charts of the 3 banks, I would like to sound the following warning.
    It is a warning if you are stuck SHORT. It is a delight if you are LONG.
    Remember what I said about their Dividend Play which usually starts in April and ends in May?
    Monday is the 1st trading day of April. This year, UOB has her XD early...on 26 Apr 2017.
    Meaning there are 16 trading days before UOB goes XD (Dividend is 35 cts).
    DBS will XD (30 cts) on 4th May...18 trading days.
    OCBC will XD on 22 May (18 cts) ... 29 trading days.

Becoz of their impending dividends, these 3 may continue to do their UP, UP & AWAY.
    Check it out yourself.

These are UOB charts showing what she did in the month of April in 2016, 2015 and 2014.

a1.jpg a2.jpg a3.jpg

These are DBS charts for the last 3 years. Focus on what she did in the month of April becoz we are going into Apr come Monday.

a4.jpg a5.jpg a6.jpg

For OCBC, she was not as consistent as her two elder sisters. But as she is a follower, she will most likely do what her
    two sisters do. And if her sisters run up in Apr, their bullishness will spillover to her as well.

a7.jpg a8.jpg a9.jpg

My recommendation is... do a BUY ON DIPs. Play from the LONG side. Dont play from the SHORT side.
    Becoz if your SHORT timing is wrong and you have to LOON, the banks may just continue to do higher highs and higher lows.
    And becoz the lows are higher, the next pullback may end at a level which is still higher than the level you SHORT. And so if
    you dont cut but LOON, you will see the price move further and further away from you. Your languish will just pile on day after
    day. That's why my trading recommendation is play from the LONG side. Dont SHORT. For those SHORTs which you are already
    stuck in, cut them. If you cannot bring yourself to cut, then at the least you must buffer. And in addition, go extra LONG to profit
    from her impending run. The other reason why you MUST LONG is becoz your SHORTs will attract dividends which you must pay
    on XD. By going LONG, you will earn dividends. The dividends earned can then pay for the dividends for your SHORTs.

5. nottibird

nottibird Moderator

6. nottibird

nottibird Moderator

7. nottibird

nottibird Moderator

8. nottibird

nottibird Moderator

I found this from IRAS website...

upload_2017-4-1_15-1-40.png
    upload_2017-4-1_15-6-44.png
    upload_2017-4-1_15-7-48.png

9. nottibird

nottibird Moderator

To all the bros here...
    Your weekend entertainment...

[​IMG]

10. nottibird

nottibird Moderator

Yes and no.
    This year... ie. Yr of Assessment 2017 ... I still have to declare tax for income earned in 2016.
    For Yr of Assessment 2018... I also have to submit returns for my salary drawn in Jan to Mar 2017.
    But from Yr of Assessment 2019... I will submit NIL return and that's when they may start to ask why.
    Beyond that if I make any big ticket purchase using cash such as a car or a property, the taxman may
    come running after me again to ask "Where did the money come from?"
    What I understand is...
    Investment income is not taxable. It is considered as capital gains and there is no capital gains tax in Singapore.
    But gains derived from activity of a trading nature is considered as trading income and that is taxable, I think.

Gains from Sale of Property
    Generally, the gains derived from the sale of a property in Singapore are not taxable as it is a capital gain.
    However, the gains may be taxable if you buy and sell property with a profit seeking motive.

The same analogy can apply to buying and selling stocks with a profit seeking motive.

Dai Lole and whoever else who have been full time in the market for some time now...
    How?
    Did the taxman come after you?
    Any incident you had with the taxman which can throw some light on this subject?

11. Kruz4ever

Kruz4ever Well-Known Member

The best part is that u don't need to pay tax and can try to get more grant from garment as u have no CPF contribution as of now.

12. nottibird

nottibird Moderator

Dont you worry Miss l0vely... 10% is 6k niah.
    You WILL see that.
    I am going to actively JIO you and some others to join me in my trade when a good set up appears.
    The only problem is when it appears, do you all have funds to participate or your troops are held up
    as prisoners of war somewhere.

13. l0vely

l0vely Well-Known Member

Congrats. Can't even do 10% of that haha. Oh well slowly..

14. nottibird

nottibird Moderator

Thanks Mika.
    One year can make 60k is also considered a good result which many traders will be happy with.
    That's 5k a month.
    Meaning anybody earning 5k or less a month will be more than willing to trade their jobs to do
    full time trading where they get the same pay plus the luxury and privilege of complete freedom
    and independence from office politics, deadlines, unreasonable clients, horrible colleagues,
    unappreciative bosses, ungrateful people, etc etc.
    For me... 5k a month... I am happy.
    10k a month... I am elated.
    More than 10k a month... I SONG until my bolas will face each other and do this... aa1a (14)Hi-5.gif

15. Mika

Mika Well-Known Member

upload_2017-3-31_21-14-40.png

I need a year to make that.
    Can be shareholder of Nottibird Inc? lol
    Congrats, nottibro. Keep it up.

16. nottibird

nottibird Moderator

The Board of Directors of Nottibird Inc. are pleased to announce its 1st Quarter results for the period from 1 Jan 2017 to 31 Mar 2017.

Net Profit for the months of Jan 2017 to Mar 2017 as follows:

January 2017 - $29,824.41
    February 2017 - $12,081.92
    March 2017 - $18,163.12

Total $60,069.45

Month By Month Digest

1. January was an exceptionally good month because of 2 very good trades. CapitaComm Trust, one of the 4 Musketeers
    contributed $14,866.43 whilst Wilmar chipped in a sum of $14,557.91. The remaining $400.07 came from 2 small trades
    in SGX.

2. February's star performer was SIA which brought in $6757.31 in profits. SingTel contributed a sum of $3588.27 whilst
    Wilmar, Suntec and CityDev together accounted for the remaining $1736.34.

3. March saw SIA and SingTel trading places as the latter overtook the former to take top spot as star performer to bring
    in a sum of $7836.30 in profits. SIA continued to do well to raise a sum of $5546.88 with Ascendas REIT following close
    behind with a contribution of $4265.55. The balance $514.09 came from chicken runs by CapitaLand and Suntec REIT.

4. Management has a primary objective of making $5,000 a month or $60,000 per year. With utter delight, Management
    can announce that this primary objective has been achieved by the 1st Quarter results. Management also has a secondary
    objective to make $25,000 per quarter or $100,000 per year. Management is pleased to note that at the end of the 1st
    Quarter, it has achieved the secondary target for two quarters.

Forward Statement for the 2nd Quarter from April to June 2017

5. Operating conditions going forward remain challenging as uncertainty over how successful Trump's pro-business
    policies will be, continues to weigh on the market . Management intends to maintain the same trading/investment
    strategy which has proven to work well as evidenced by the good results in the 1st Quarter. Management will continue
    to look for growth opportunities to maximize returns by riding on momentum when a Sure Come stock is languishing
    at its Low Tide or perching precariously at its High Tide. When good opportunities present themselves, Management
    will strike and strike hard when the iron is hot to up the stakes to maximize profits by leveraging on margins. Safeguards
    will be in place to trigger Plan B should unforeseen circumstances arise after a big position is opened.

Those of you who wish to have a closer examination of my trades for educational purposes, I have enclosed them here
    for your study.

My January trades:

upload_2017-3-31_19-45-26.png
    upload_2017-3-31_19-46-0.png

My February trades:

upload_2017-3-31_19-46-29.png
    upload_2017-3-31_19-47-1.png

My March trades:

upload_2017-4-2_16-10-32.png
    upload_2017-4-2_16-13-4.png
    upload_2017-4-2_16-13-36.png

Last edited: Mar 31, 2017
  17. Amator

Amator Well-Known Member

New thread for April 2017 ....................

golden-egg-in-basket 4.jpg