The Trading Floor - 2019

Discussion in 'The Trading Floor' started by Amator, Jan 1, 2019.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. Amator

Amator Well-Known Member

SINGAPORE (July 26): The manager of Suntec REIT has announced a 4.6% drop in distribution per unit (DPU) to 2.361 cents for the 2Q19 ended June, from DPU of 2.474 cents a year ago.

Distributable income slipped 1.3% to $65.2 million, from $66.0 million a year ago.

2Q19 gross revenue fell 2.3% to $88.4 million, from $90.5 million a year ago, mainly due to lower convention revenue from Suntec Singapore.

Property expenses rose 7.5% to $32.0 million, from $29.8 million a year ago, mainly attributable to the sinking fund contribution for Suntec City Office upgrading works.

Consequently, net property income (NPI) fell 7.2% to $56.4 million, from $60.7 million a year ago.

Income contribution from joint ventures jumped 13.8% to $25.7 million, from $22.6 million a year ago.

This was mainly due to the stronger performance and additional 25.0% interest in Southgate Complex, as well as better performance of MBFC Properties.

As at end June, cash and cash equivalents stood at $301.2 million.

The overall committed occupancy for the office and retail portfolios stood at 99.1% and 97.9% respectively as at June 30, 2019.

Commenting on Suntec City’s retail performance, Chong Kee Hiong, CEO of the manager, says the key operation indicators “remained robust” with footfall and tenants’ sales growing 3.9% and 1.7% year-on-year respectively.

“To enhance unitholders’ value, we will continue to improve the underlying performance of our assets, source for accretive acquisitions and continue our prudent capital management strategy,” he adds.

div 1.565c

upload_2019-7-26_8-54-57.png

2. nottibird

nottibird Moderator

3. Amator

Amator Well-Known Member

SINGAPORE (July 25): Technology, defence and engineering conglomerate Singapore Technologies Engineering announced Thursday that its Aerospace and Electronics businesses have secured new contracts worth a total of $1.5 billion in 2Q19.

In addition to these new contracts, the group says it has other contract wins by its other business sectors that are not disclosed due to customer confidentiality.

The Aerospace sector received a number of contracts worth around $809 million.

These contracts include a multi-year agreement from a long-time customer to provide heavy maintenance services to their entire fleet of Boeing 717s, agreements from AirAsiaX Berhad and Beibu Gulf Airlines also for heavy maintenance, and a number of agreements for engine maintenance.

The Electronics sector received new orders globally worth $702 million for smart mobility, satellite communications, Internet of Things (IoT), cybersecurity, public safety and security, and defence.

A key new win by its smart mobility business was for the provision of rail electronics solutions including train-borne communications, Platform Screen Doors (PSD), Automatic Fare Collection (AFC) and Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) systems to Taiwan’s Taoyuan MRT Green Line.

In Singapore, the Electronics sector also received a contract from PSA to develop an advanced Command Centre that enables digitalisation, automation and intelligent decision-making for Tuas port operations.

In the US, its Training and Simulation business received a contract worth US$95 million ($130 million) from the US Army to develop and deliver a unified simulation platform for the army’s synthetic training environment that meet demands for next generation collective training.

The new contract wins are in addition to the $1 billion contract announced in April for the design and construction of the first Polar Security Cutter for the Department of the US Navy. The contract includes options for two more vessels, which, when exercised, would bring the total contract value for the three vessels to about $2.6 billion.

ST Engineering says that new contract wins are not expected to have any material impact on its consolidated net tangible assets per share and earnings per share for the current financial year.

4. nottibird

nottibird Moderator

5. Amator

Amator Well-Known Member

6. nottibird

nottibird Moderator

Good to know that sis.... that (1) you are still trading and (2) you do go to ShareJunction to read up.
    Even at ShareJunction, the people there come and go. Many of those who were previously posting regularly have stopped posting.
    Whether they are reading or not...I suppose some do and many dont. Coz not many people can be like the few of us left here...can
    everyday or every other day look at the market and continue to engage the market. People do lose interest when they dont make
    money or when a baby comes along or a new job comes along or new boyfren or gurfren comes along and for a host of many other
    reasons. Our priorities change. Especially the younger ones who's primary focus is their job...friends... setting up a home...being cool...
    being informed about the latest fashion, branded items, branded food, latest place to hang out etc etc. So people do come and go. Lots
    of distractions in life. But the BIG BIG difference over there at ShareJunction is... got people stop posting and leave. But also got new
    people join us first as lizards and then slowly slowly some of them will come down from the wall to post. And some after posting, become
    regulars. And beccoz of this got OUT got IN...the forum stays alive and active and I am encouraged to keep writing...keep posting...to
    keep the place going. Over here, you know, I know. Towards the end of my active period here, there was a long period of time when I
    felt I was talking to myself. So much so that on those rare occasions when one of you posted something, it was like I was living alone
    on the Moon for years and suddenly I see another human there....happy like fug. And each day I was asking myself how long more am
    I going to carry on talking to myself? That's why whilst I maintained a token presence here, I started to be more active at ShareJunction
    and now...today, I have a good thing going on there. You will recall I had said no point inviting the people there to come here. Becoz
    initially, all will be fine. But after 6 months, only a handful of them will be left. And before you know it, the number of people left can count
    with the fingers of one hand. And when that happens, I will have to go to ShareJunction to set up booth to conduct Road Show again to
    recruit new members. Damn SIONG one okay. Mai lah. Might as well I go there not to set up booth but to open shop and sell my koyok
    there and let SJ Management take care of the marketing to bring in new members for me to attract and entice them to patronise my thread.
    Persuading people to adopt your thread is alot alot easier than to advertise and do marketing to attract people to come to your unknown
    stock forum. There, I can let SJ Management do the marketing. For me, I do the sales talk only to persuade people to visit my thread.
    And so far, its been working well. No more road shows for me. Can rest ler. Just have to post about trading and make sense and make
    people want to stay and read more. Well, you all know me. I bely Law Soh one. Cant blame me lah. Coz Law has been very much a part
    of my life for 30 years. 30 long years. Even wont Law Soh also will become Law Soh one. [​IMG]

7. sotong11

sotong11 Well-Known Member

morning bro NB and Bro Plutus.... am ok. not trading much. just doing some chicken run with DBS ....mainly.

Do follow you a bit ... here and there in the other forum.... gota bigger crowd there... so I am the lizard there. hahah

happy trading u guys... thanks for keeping this thread warm. :)

8. nottibird

nottibird Moderator

9. Amator

Amator Well-Known Member

SINGAPORE (July 23): The manager of CapitaLand Mall Trust (CMT) has announced distribution per unit (DPU) of 2.92 cents for the 2Q19 ended June, some 3.9% higher than DPU of 2.81 cents a year ago.

Distributable income to unitholders rose 7.7% to $107.7 million, from $100.0 million a year ago.

2Q19 gross revenue grew 10.6% to $189.5 million, from $171.4 million a year ago, mainly due to the completion of the acquisition of the remaining 70% interest in Westgate in November last year.

Property operating expenses rose 11.5% to $56.4 million, from $50.6 million a year ago.

The increase was mainly due to the Westgate acquisition and the reopening of Funan’s retail and office components, partially offset by the divestment of Sembawang Shopping Centre.

Consequently, net property income (NPI) was $133.2 million for 2Q19, 10.2% higher than NPI of $120.8 million in 2Q18.

As at end June, cash and cash equivalents stood at $396.6 million, with average cost of debt at 3.2% and aggregate leverage at 34.2%.

“The contributions from Westgate and Funan are expected to anchor CMT’s steady financial performance while we embark on the rejuvenation of Lot One Shoppers’ Mall starting from 3Q19,” says Tony Tan, CEO of the manager.

Westgate contributed $18.4 million to gross revenue during the latest quarter, while Funan, which reopen in late June after a three-year redevelopment, contributed $0.9 million.

According to Tan, proposed works at Lot One will include expanding the footprint of the public library and reformatting the cinema.

“Against the backdrop of Singapore’s slowing economy, we remain cautious in our outlook. Competition for the consumer wallet is expected to stay keen with the progressive opening of new malls, although the supply of new retail space is projected to taper off from 2020,” Tan says.

The manager adds that it will continue to review its portfolio for possibilities to create value through acquisition and development opportunities.

XD 30/July ...........

10. nottibird

nottibird Moderator

11. nottibird

nottibird Moderator

12. nottibird

nottibird Moderator

13. Amator

Amator Well-Known Member

Project margins at Keppel Corp.'s offshore and marine division will likely remain depressed in 2019-2020 due to challenging market conditions, Daiwa says while cutting the company's target price to S$6.95 from S$7.10. This is despite Keppel having garnered S$1.9 billion in new order wins in the year to date and follows the Singaporean conglomerate posting a 39% decline in 2Q net profit.

14. Amator

Amator Well-Known Member

Mapletree Commercial Trust shares will stay on an upward price trend thanks to an upturn in the office sector and continued earnings from its Singapore shopping mall, says DBS, increasing its target price to S$2.25 from S$2.00. The investment bank expects MCT to acquire an office park--Mapletree Business City II--within two years, which could further support its earnings and market share in the office sector. Office rents will reach S$12-S$13 per square foot per month by 2020-2021 from S$11.15 at the end of 1Q. MCT shares are up 0.5% at S$2.08 and is up 26% year to date.

15. Amator

Amator Well-Known Member

DBS downgrades SATS to a hold rating from buy and cuts its target price on the stock by 8.1% to S$5.00, citing a "less optimistic" operating margin outlook for the ground-handling-to-catering-services provider partly due to weak cargo volumes and higher costs. The bank lowers its earnings forecasts for SATS by 5% for the current fiscal through March and by 9% for the next year, after the Singapore-listed firm reported a 14% drop in its 1Q net profit. Down 3.8% today at S$5.12, the stock is still up 9.9% for the year; and DBS is penciling in "limited upside" for the stock.

16. plutus2

plutus2 Well-Known Member

17. Amator

Amator Well-Known Member

ohh .... shd be 5.02c for 2 qtr .... 4.4 + 0.62 ....

18. nottibird

nottibird Moderator

Dai Lole,

CCT's dividends.
    4.4 cts or 5.6 cts ?
    See Bro Kendolah's post.
    Please check and confirm hor.
    Thanks.

19. nottibird

nottibird Moderator

20. Amator

Amator Well-Known Member

SINGAPORE (July 18): Keppel Corporation reported a 38.4% drop in 2Q earnings ended June to $153.4 million, or 8.4 cents per share, from $249 million a year ago due mainly to the absence of en-bloc sales of development projects.

For 1H19, Keppel reported earnings of $356.3 million, 39.3% lower than a year ago. The board has approved an interim dividend of 8.0 cents per share for 1H19, which will be paid out on Aug 6.

Group revenue for 2Q19 increased 17% to $1.78 billion from the previous year – bolstered by strong performances from the investments division and the infrastructure division.

Revenue from the investments division surged 12.2 times to $306 million due mainly to the consolidation of M1 and higher revenue from the asset management business.

Revenue from the infrastructure division grew 12.2% to $726 million as a result of higher sales in the power and gas businesses as well as progressive revenue recognition from the Hong Kong Integrated Waste Management Facility project.

Revenue from the property division increased 11% to $271 million due mainly to higher revenue from China trading projects, partly offset by lower revenue from Singapore trading projects.

The property division sold about 2,100 homes with a total sales value of about $1.2 billion in the first half of 2019, higher than the 1,385 units in the same period last year. These include about 110 homes in Singapore, 1,140 in China, 610 in Vietnam, 50 in Indonesia and 190 in India.

Group pre-tax profit of $206 million was 31% lower than that of the corresponding quarter in 2018. Pre-tax profit of the property division decreased by $99 million to $161 million while pre-tax profit of the infrastructure division grew by $7 million to $51 million.

Group net debt increased by $3.9 billion at Dec 31 2018 to $9.47 billion as at June 30 while group net gearing ratio increased from 48% to 82% in the same period.

This was mainly due to $273 million of cash paid to shareholders in May as the final dividend for FY18, as well as $224 million incurred for the privatisation of Keppel T&T.

As at end June, cash and cash equivalents dropped 19.5% to $1.76 billion from a year ago.

In its outlook statement, Keppel says trade tensions so far have had a limited impact on the group. However, if tensions were to worsen, and the international supply chain and technology access threaten to bifurcate, this could have a significant impact on the international economic and operating environment and the group.

Says CEO Loh Chin Hua, “Against the backdrop of a volatile macro environment, Keppel has remained resilient, underpinned by our multi-business model and diversification across sectors and geographies. As we execute our businesses, we have continued to seek new opportunities and growth platforms, whether in renewables or cleaner fossil fuels such as LNG, or expanding our property business in high-growth cities such as Nanjing in China, or Ho Chi Minh City in Vietnam.”

upload_2019-7-18_19-58-46.png