STI Component stock yields and Reits Stock yields

Discussion in 'Acquistion Targets' started by Milo-Dino, Dec 9, 2011.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. Milo-Dino

Milo-Dino Well-Known Member

Accountant
    hey..
    since i'm still rather young.. i'm looking at 30% to dividend counters (afterall some of these counters are not cheap and look to minimise the impact of commission costs as well)
    70% for punting.

2. Mika

Mika Well-Known Member

Mill bro,

Can share wat % of ur capital u r plng to go into collecting dividend counters, & wat % u intend to keep for punting?

3. Milo-Dino

Milo-Dino Well-Known Member

Accountant
    Hi all...

I decided to share my newly created spreadsheet containing the 30 STI component stocks and their respective dividend yields between 2008 to 2011.

STI Component Stock yields link

I have locked the documents to prevent alterations. Just use the year to date yields and divide by current price to get your yield. *Do note that some counters have special dividends* If there are multiple declared dividends within the same quarter in the year, you can look at the formula within the cells to see how much each declaration is as I use "$0.00X + 0.00Y" etc to compute more clearly.

Also note that I added comments to some cells whenever there are rights issues or bonus shares or share splits etc.. I have not computed the yield before and after splits but rather just add up all amounts declared regardless of how many shares are in the market.

I'm still halfway through my Reits spreadsheet and will upload it when ready.

Cheers!