Nottibird's Long Term Calls

Discussion in 'The Trading Floor' started by nottibird, Nov 3, 2016.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. nottibird

nottibird Moderator

Posted at The Trading Floor - January 2017 thread on 14 Jan 2017 at 5.21pm...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's my report on CCT.

Sold 122,900 shares at 1.59.
    Then sold the balance 69,400 at 1.585.

The Bumper Harvest from this trade is................ 14,866.43 eggs !!!

[​IMG]

2. nottibird

nottibird Moderator

CapitaComm Trust...

Give her until end-Jan 2017 and she will show you 1.60 to 1.64 plus estimated 4.45 cts dividends xd at end-Jan 2017.
    Now 1.455 : 1.46.
    Potential upside is at least 14.5 cts counting until 1.60.

Technical Requirements for this trade:

1. The ability to LOON.
    2. The ability to ADD if she dips to the 1.36 to 1.39 region.

[​IMG]

3. nottibird

nottibird Moderator

Ooops !!! I didnt see your post until now. Next time I suggest you copy and paste my post at the main thread and post your question there.
    That way, I will not miss it.
    This thread is for me to issue Long Term Calls so that I can conveniently check back to see how my call is doing.

My definition of Long Term means "not short term".
    Short term means intraday... intra-week... intra-month.
    My Long Term call means 3 months to 12 months.
    If the stock runs up in less than 3 months, that's a BONUS.
    Whether to use CFD or cash account is up to you.
    Using cash is preferred. And only becoz it is one way to stop you from over-trading.
    Coz you can buy only as much as you can pay up and hold.
    But if you want to use leverage to capitalize on a good opportunity and maximize your gains, then have to use CFD.
    But as leverage means you are trading a size which you cannot pay up fully and hold, it, it means you have little room
    to be wrong. Your timing has to be impeccable. And if it isn't and the market moves against you, then you must have a
    Plan B in place even before you open a position. That Plan B is to tell you what you must do to manage your risk should
    you have a large position and the market goes the other way first. I discussed this before - BUFFER. Its the next best
    option to CUTTING OUTRIGHT. Buffering is the ideal strategy in situations where the stock is expected to temporarily go
    against you and then after that turn and move back in your direction.

4. pegasus

pegasus Well-Known Member

Bro NB good morning. For long term do we still use cfd. How long is long. Thanks. God bless. Today P1 orientation.

5. nottibird

nottibird Moderator

SGX...

$7.00 is her pivotol point. I have noticed from the past 3 years of observation that whenever she fell to 7.00 and below, she is good for a
    BUY. This fellow... at 7.00 and below is a BUY & HOLD for cash rich investors who can hold 6 mths to a year to see a bumper harvest.
    This one wont just give you a basket of eggs. She can give you the entire chicken farm. And if you invest even more, she can give you
    a factory. But you must have holding power and you must have a BUY & HOLD mindset. This is one classic instance where you can put
    your money to work and let the market do the rest of the work for you. Plus she pays 4 cts dividends in Oct, Jan and Apr. The Oct
    payout just happened last month. Next one is in Jan. Then Apr. Sep is when she reports full year results. Dividends around 16 cts.
    Total dividends per annum is about 28 cts. But if you do a BUY & HOLD, it is not for the dividends. It is for the capital gains. Just
    BUY & HOLD until 7.60 to 7.70 and you will make 60 ct to 70 cts per share.

a1.jpg